I'd like to say that I'm a connoisseur of fine television. I'm not. I'm addicted to some of the most dreadful reality shows known to mankind. I keep up to date on which "Housewife" is causing trouble. I know all about the fights that Tori and Dean have. I'm on top of all the skanky dating shows that VH1 airs. The more ridiculous the fare, the better.
I have a few other shows that I enjoy, although I don't have any that I HAVE to watch every week. I mean, I DID, until last night.
I started watching Lost around the time that the fifth season was ending. I had them queued up on my Netflix through my Xbox. I thought I'd be in for a scenic treat, and maybe a storyline that was watchable enough that I could lose myself in the show for an hour here and there. I was SO wrong. It was all that I hoped it would be, and so, SO much more. I'm a sucker for a good character study. I loved every episode. I loved that I had 5 seasons to watch all queued up, and ready when I was. When the 6th season opened, I had just finished the last episodes of the fifth season. I was chomping at the bit to see what would end up happening to these people who I'd grown so attached to.
I can't say I'm not a tiny bit disappointed, but I'm almost relieved that I am. I like it better the way it ended up more than I would have liked whatever end I could have imagined.
I don't want to delve deep into story lines or philosophies or wax on about details. I just want to say that I enjoyed this show. I doubt I'll get so attached to another show and it's characters again. That is okay, though. This was the one "serious" show that I bought into, hook, line, and sinker.
Life is serious enough, and that is why I usually waste time with those other shows. Lost was anything but a waste. It was amazing.
Monday, May 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment